Draft 'Treatment'
Draft ‘treatment’
My target audience and how I am attracting them-
The song Cheery Bomb by The Runaways is the song I have chosen and I think this will appeal to my target audience, of a socially conscious 16-25 year old from the middle to upper market. This because it deals with issues they are politically and socially aware of, which are protested about in the song, including feminism, equal treatment and standards for the actions of men and women within society.
My target audience also will include people who are fans of music from the 80s and 90s which hold powerful messages and statements, and they are aware of the influence The Runaways had on other music artists.
The fact The Runaways released a song protesting the topic at the time, especially with a 16-year-old as the lead singer was difficult for the band as many men in that genre of the industry didn’t think they were good and looked down on them. However, I think now that it is 2020 more men will openly enjoy my video and song as the treatments and view on women’s behaviour has made an improvement over the years.
Locations-
I will aim to use a wall with graffiti to make up the background of one of my shots. The bedroom of the main protagonist will make up another and I think some shots of in a field of her smoking in a field or a dark room will be powerful and pay homage to the dark nature of the original video.
Equipment plans-
I will need costumes, including a corset top for the intertextuality with the original video, I will also need some lighting so that when I film in the room it does not look washed out or too dark. I also need to get access to a bass or guitar which I can get from my friends or family. Lastly, I would like some shots of the girl smoking so I need to get accesses to some cigarettes, if not I could use a prop one.
Crew roles-
I need a girl ages 16-18 to play the lead female and 2 parents to play her parents. I will also need some people to help with lighting whilst I film as I cannot do both at the same time.
Effects in the video-
I would like to tone down the saturation in some of the shot to make it look darker which will add to the atmosphere of the video appearing mysterious and rebellious.
A slow motion shot of the girl smoking could be very effective to show her rebellious nature and not conforming got her parents wanting her to be a nice and simple girl.
this is a really nice draft treatment, Rosie. you have shown creativity and good planning for props. well done, Miss C
ReplyDelete